ENJOY READING! FOR LATEST UPDATES IN MUSIC, MOVIES, TELEVISION PLEASE REFER TO THE SIDE BAR PORTION OF THE BLOG

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

CD REVIEW: I Am… Sasha Fierce

I Am… Sasha Fierce, familiar with the name? Hmmm.. let me give you other clues, Mimi a.k.a Mariah Carey, Madge a.k.a Madonna, Baby Jane a.k.a Christina Aguilera and now another ladywill be added on the list. Beyonce Knowles is Sasha Fierce.

This is the singer's third studio album and was released on November 18, 2008. The reason behind this album's title was explained by a statement released through Beyonce's official website. In the said statement, Beyonce manifested that:

"I am in a different place right now and I wanted to people to see the many sides of me. The music is upbeat for the dance, fun side and it is reflective, passionate and serious for the personal side. I hav taken risks here. I am not afraid and my music will explain it all. There is no label or tag on my sound. It's me and I am so excited to share it with the world on November 18."

From this statement, it showed Beyonce's control over her music, life and her total person.

But who is Sasha Fierce? Its simply Beyonce's alter-ego when she performs on the stage. It's her other side - agressive, playful and naughty.

Beyonce also explained in an interview the two sides of her album. Side A - Mainstream and Side B - Traditional R&B and this is probably the reason why she released two singles at the same time. "If I Were a Boy" and "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)". The two singles are currently #3 and #1 at the Billboard Hot 100 respectively.

I Am… Sasha Fierce is out now, if you're a Beyonce fan, you can buy the album at your favorite record bar.
Listen to her album:


Pictures from Wikipedia
Music from Imeem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$$haring some chip$$ for you today hope you happy ^^


Spy Center